February 10, 2021
The forecast is showing that we may be in store for some snow over the next few days. We know many of our APL families live outside of the immediate Seattle area and may be impacted my icy roads, snow fall, and power outages. Thus, we are following guidelines similar to that of our surrounding school districts when determining the closure of in-person learning:
If winter weather requires late start, early dismissal or cancellation of in-person learning, all students will learn remotely.
- Families of students receiving in-person instruction will be notified at 6:30 a.m. of cancellation.
- Students receiving in-person instruction will switch to at-home learning over Zoom.
- All other students will continue learning remotely.
If weather conditions make a schedule change necessary, APL will communicate the decision through the following methods and in this order:
- Emails, text messages, and phone calls: Families will receive an email notification, text message, or phone call by 6:30 a.m.
- Social Media: APL Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts will be updated: Follow us on APL Facebook, APL Instagram and APL Twitter.
- School Website: We will post school schedule updates to the https://www.aplschool.org
If your family loses power or internet access and school is not cancelled, please notify your child’s teachers so they can excuse their absence and plan for making up any missed assignments.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Stay safe and warm!
Laura Barringer (she/her)
K-12 Academic Program Director